The diagram above shows the essential skills a successful RPA developer should possess to avoid the common causes of failure. But on top of that, more skills are specific to the business nature (i.e., healthcare, banking, insurance, etc.)
So, hard skills must include coding and RPA tools handling (i.e., UiPath). Therefore a technical background is highly required in such roles where security practice is always crucial. In addition, cloud computing, artificial intelligence & machine learning techniques are booming, and they are becoming more & more required for an RPA developer to own!
Except for technical skills good RPA developer needs to have a business-first principle to make sure that the delivered project achieves its business outcome:
- measure your ROI
- calculate business gains
and get a clear answer to how much (or/if) RPA automation is profitable for your company.
Soft skills include teamwork, attention to detail, problem-solving, being data-oriented, and having some understanding & proficiency in process mining.
But skills are the bare minimum to own as a developer! For a developer to excel, they should have a portfolio of successful projects delivered, clients’ testimonials, executed case studies, cost-saving projects, and certifications.
Where to find the best RPA developers?
There are several ways you can hire RPA developers, including but not limited to the following:
1) Freelance platforms (Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer) have no solid guarantee of their skills or capabilities. Communication is not always ideal as well since everything is remote.
2) In-house teams. Recruiting and maintaining a team of developers is ideal if you have the physical office space & financial/legal resources for such a thing. Otherwise, it would be best if you considered another option.
3) End-to-end RPA development agencies like Flobotics. The best option is if you need both high-quality deliverables and flexibility in collaboration. Why?
- We have RPA developers that can implement RPA in your company using different technologies (UiPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere, RoboCorp).
- Our vetted developers are sourced from the “Big Four” of consulting, combining technical expertise and business knowledge.
- We’re a trusted UiPath partner with experience developing RPA in every industry.
- We provide various hiring models: contract, full-time, body-leasing, per hour, etc.
You can also find us on DesignRush.
Reach out to us, and let’s discuss your RPA hiring needs!