Hire vetted RPA developers
Bring exceptional RPA developers to your team. Sourced from the “Big Four” of consulting, matched with your automation technology, industry, and process type.
Hire RPA developers matching your existing technology stack
We have delivered RPA developers to:
Why hire RPA developers with Flobotics?
How To Hire RPA Developers That Will Deliver Amazing Projects?
What do RPA developers do?
Before proceeding with the skills needed by an RPA developer, let’s briefly describe the role of an RPA developer in the first place!
Conceptually, looking to hire RPA developers is searching for someone who works with several functions within the business unit. Especially with enterprise operations and business analysts to create and optimize workflow processes. So, we can safely say this is a relatively new professional path, and plenty of organizations have various titles for RPA developers, like automation experts.
Regardless of the title, a capable RPA developer must have specific experience, skills, and best practices to automate a business process smoothly. So, an RPA developer will be asked to automate & optimize the work process after documenting it by creating workflow diagrams. An RPA developer is mainly responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining workflow automation projects for ongoing operations. Sometimes, developers are asked to participate in testing or bug fixing, which might require some programming skills. Some automation tools are considered knife and fork for an RPA developer, such as UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, or RoboCorp.
RPA developers – who can you work with?
As mentioned, there are several RPA-related roles with slightly different roles & responsibilities.
For instance, we have the below list of popular titles:
1) RPA developers/ RPA Engineers
2) Senior RPA developers
3) RPA Tech Leads
4) RPA Consultants. & Business Analysts
5) RPA Administrators
- The developers typically have 0-3 years of hands-on experience, while above are considered seniors.
- Tech leads are usually above three years of experience and manage a team of developers while reporting to the leadership and placing the project’s strategies in the coming period.
- RPA consultants typically work with clients on a specific task, project, or troubleshooting to fix a process issue or ensure the automation is done and up to the standards.
Therefore, when hiring RPA developers, you must know precisely what you’re looking for!
To Hire RPA Developers, What skills should you look for in an RPA developer?
RPA developers should have a skill set that enables them to identify the processes that require automation and create the proper, efficient workflow to optimize the whole process and make everyone’s life easier!
The diagram above shows the essential skills a successful RPA developer should possess to avoid the common causes of failure. But on top of that, more skills are specific to the business nature (i.e., healthcare, banking, insurance, etc.)
So, hard skills must include coding and RPA tools handling (i.e., UiPath). Therefore a technical background is highly required in such roles where security practice is always crucial. In addition, cloud computing, artificial intelligence & machine learning techniques are booming, and they are becoming more & more required for an RPA developer to own!
Except for technical skills good RPA developer needs to have a business-first principle to make sure that the delivered project achieves its business outcome:
- measure your ROI
- calculate business gains
and get a clear answer to how much (or/if) RPA automation is profitable for your company.
Soft skills include teamwork, attention to detail, problem-solving, being data-oriented, and having some understanding & proficiency in process mining.
But skills are the bare minimum to own as a developer! For a developer to excel, they should have a portfolio of successful projects delivered, clients’ testimonials, executed case studies, cost-saving projects, and certifications.
Where to find the best RPA developers?
There are several ways you can hire RPA developers, including but not limited to the following:
1) Freelance platforms (Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer) have no solid guarantee of their skills or capabilities. Communication is not always ideal as well since everything is remote.
2) In-house teams. Recruiting and maintaining a team of developers is ideal if you have the physical office space & financial/legal resources for such a thing. Otherwise, it would be best if you considered another option.
3) End-to-end RPA development agencies like Flobotics. The best option is if you need both high-quality deliverables and flexibility in collaboration. Why?
- We have RPA developers that can implement RPA in your company using different technologies (UiPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere, RoboCorp).
- Our vetted developers are sourced from the “Big Four” of consulting, combining technical expertise and business knowledge.
- We’re a trusted UiPath partner with experience developing RPA in every industry.
- We provide various hiring models: contract, full-time, body-leasing, per hour, etc.
You can also find us on DesignRush.
Reach out to us, and let’s discuss your RPA hiring needs!