Canada Satellite is a provider of a wide variety of satellite services and devices including satellite phones, satellite TV, and the satellite internet. Canada Satellite also has branches, such as Africa Satellite, Asia Satellite, Australia Satellite, Europe Satellite, and American Satee, making it a global company.
The satellite SIM cards offered on the market are:
In both of those cases when the customer is buying a product/service on a website, his account is automatically created in the shop backend (or a new product/service is added to the existing account).
So, the problem that the client came to us with was that the shop backend is unable to handle:
- for prepaid – how many minutes on the SIM card are left, when it expires and based on those two factors decide if the SIM card should be recharged
- for postpaid – the customer who’s paying monthly for let’s say 100 min is going to exceed that limit, and minutes above the limit might be additional costs on the invoice at the end of the month (monthly subscription + minutes over the limit)
The CRM on the other side is capable of keeping track of all of the above, as well as issuing invoices, but the Purchase Orders, as well as (most importantly) Checkout (paying with a Credit Card/Credit Card processing ) have to be made in the shop backend because it’s not supported by the CRM.
This is where RPA comes into play. Fortunately, both of these processes are rule-based with a common starting point – the CRM – and a common endpoint – the shop backend – with just a slightly different business logic inside.
We started automation with the Auto-Recharge process gathering all the necessary data from the CRM underlying database and validating all of it against business rules:
If the validation process:
- fails, an email (and Sattelite SMS) notification is being sent either to the client or the Canada Satellite sales team depending on the invalid data type.
- is successful and no data is missing, Canada Satellite’s client is being created in the shop backend and checkout is being processed.
- fails due to invalid Credit Card info, expired Credit Card, or insufficient funds customer email (and Sattelite SMS) is being sent asking the client to update his account Credit Card info or provide funds on the card already attached to the account
- is successful and paid for, the order number and few other details are inserted back into the CRM as input for the vendor top-up process to start (next candidate to be automated).
This is done in a split of a second, every time, with no mistakes.
We have also implemented reporting in the process every step of the way. Every edge case, exception, or success is reported back to CRM and updates UiPath Status to the status predefined in business logic.
When the process was already live on production and proven successful, the whole postpaid process was automated. Taking everything that we could from the first process, changing the CRM database queries and implementing few other scenarios, and modifying the existing developing automation of this process was lightning fast.
Auto-Recharge and Postpaid processes are a significant part of the business for the Canada Satellite and sub parties and are responsible for processing hundreds of SIM cards monthly ensuring continuity of Satellite services for many people around the world which in many cases are treated as emergency resolutions. They are now automated and freed hours of mundane, important, repetitive, and prone to mistakes in manual processing in Canada Satellite’s people time.
Additionally, a lot of data was unified in the CRM, which is now a more consistent and healthy system.
Our RPA consultants and RPA developers together build the grounds for a few next similar complex processes to be automated in a short time for the Canada Satellite and sub parties.