In the previous article in our mini-series, we recapped the basics of task mining, listed its benefits, and gave some examples of use cases across different industries. We also named and briefly characterized the three solutions we consider the leading task-mining tools: UiPath, Celonis, and Kyp.ai. Now, it’s time to see how they stack up against one another in a direct UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai comparison.
Let’s start with a bit of a spoiler: there’s no single best task-mining tool. All three options below can perform advanced task-mining processes and boast robust features.
So, instead of trying (and failing) to choose “the best” task mining tool, we compared them in several key areas that every business must consider before opting for any task mining solution. Our UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai showdown will allow you to select the one that best fits the current needs of your business.
UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai: integrations
Since task mining tools should be closely knit with the software your workforce uses daily, bridging the gap between task mining platforms and the rest of your tech stack is essential. Let’s see how the three tools fare when it comes to integrations.
As UiPath is primarily an RPA platform, its task and process mining solutions have an in-built integration with RPA and other automation tools the suite offers. Users can set up integrations with third-party platforms in the UiPath Integration Service using pre-built API connectors. UiPath’s connector library has dozens of official integrations to connect the platform with popular enterprise tools like Google Workspace, Confluence, Salesforce, NetSuite, and more. In case a connector for an app is missing from the library, users can create and share custom ones in Connector Builder.
Recorded applications are selected on a per-project basis by the project admin. UiPath can extract data from various external sources, including enterprise application integration platforms like MuleSoft or IBM App Connect, Business Process Management (BPM), or cloud-based integration software. Another option is to record user activity on selected websites, e.g., company CMS or internal portals.
However, while UiPath task mining integration capabilities are vast compared to the two next contenders, some of these connections may require considerable effort and the assistance of UiPath developers.
Celonis provides an advanced data merger, conversion, modification, and management suite that integrates with major business applications, suites, and databases. These include ERP and CMS systems and business collaboration solutions (like SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, and Google Suite). It also has connectors to integrate with RPA bots.
Users can set up connections in its Execution Management System by importing out-of-the-box templates from Celonis Marketplace or by creating a new one from scratch.
Still, Celonis makes it necessary to integrate each source system separately due to the tool’s robust architecture. Effectively managing various connection types can entail investment in data engineering for the merging and setup phase.
Kyp.ai has been specifically designed for rapid deployment and easy integration. With the PLUG-AND-ROI philosophy embedded in its architecture, the solution swiftly integrates with the same business apps as its peers while also providing effortless integrations with chatbots, RPA bots, NLP predictive analytics systems, and other components.
In line with the latest automation trends, Kyp.ai takes a no-code approach to integration. This allows easier implementation and integration and grants non-programmer users the ability to adapt the tools to shifting business needs.
UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai: features
UiPath, Celonis, and Kyp.ai are all capable of monitoring user interactions. The differences lie in how they do it, what features they offer beyond that, and what they allow you to do with the findings of task mining.
- Assisted and unassisted task mining: UiPath allows users to capture variations of known tasks (assisted task mining) or discover potential improvements based on AI insights (unassisted task mining).
- Process mining: Besides capturing user interactions, UiPath allows you to zoom out and analyze end-to-end business processes, visualize them, and optimize performance.
- Communications Mining: A discovery tool dedicated to analyzing all business communications to improve them through AI and large language model automation.
- Automation Hub: A central dashboard for collecting and managing all automation opportunities and ongoing RPA projects.
- In-built RPA and automation support: Being primarily an RPA platform, UiPath makes it easy to turn insights generated with task mining into automation projects seamlessly. The entire process, from discovery to RPA implementation, takes place on a single platform.
UiPath Automation Hub allows you to manage all discoveries and automation projects in one location. (image source: UiPath)
- Process mining: As a leader in process mining, Celonis focuses on granting users maximum visibility into their processes through its business intelligence features.
- Team Insights: A dashboard that calculates metrics such as uptime or productivity for individual groups of predefined users, e.g., teams, regions, or roles.
- Conformance checking: This feature enables users to compare their current process to the reference model representing the intended outcome to identify deviations and set goals.
- Process simulation: By creating a process digital twin, users can create and test various scenarios to choose the improvements that warrant the best possible outcome.
- Live Event Monitor: Shows data captured by the Task Mining Client in real-time, helping users verify if records are collected correctly.
- Automatic task documentation: Task Mining Client creates step-by-step instructions by recording user actions, including variations.
Celonis users can easily assess and compare team productivity in Team Insights.
(image source: Celonis)
- Process mining: Kyp.ai leverages automation and AI to discover, map, and document business processes, variations, and bottlenecks at scale.
- Generative AI potential detection: Kyp.ai assists businesses in identifying gen AI use opportunities and finding high-gain scenarios for its application.
- People Excellence: A workforce-oriented solution that helps organizations detect and reduce productivity-affecting distractions, repetitive tasks, and passive work time.
- Activity Heatmap: A visual matrix that shows repetitive operations performed between each app (e.g., copy-pasting between documents and spreadsheets) to help you find the best automation candidates.
- Technology Excellence: With this feature, Kyp.ai allows businesses to examine their hardware, software, and network use as processes are executed, enabling performance and cost optimization.
Activity Heatmap is an easy way to spot inefficient activities across all used applications in Kyp.ai. (image source: Kyp.ai)
UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai: customer support
Making the best use of discovery tools in specific business cases can be difficult. Luckily, all three vendors offer ways to help you fix issues and make the most out of their solutions.
UiPath offers extensive customer support available on its support hub. It features product documentation and guides, support team contact information, FAQ, and UiPath’s Academy, focusing on delivering free RPA courses. The users can also head to the community forum to ask and answer peer questions and check out the user blog.
Apart from the standard contact form and assistance from a sales representative, Celonis can also boast a robust community of users who provide peer-to-peer support, as well as its own Celonis Academy, featuring over 400 hours worth of educational content about task and process mining and the product itself. The academy can be used for self-study learning but also provides certification opportunities. Most of the content is free of charge.
As a developing company, Kyp.ai primarily provides support through its partner network. Therefore, it focuses greatly on partner training and mentorship through a resource hub, certification program, and product webinars that help its partners keep their finger on the pulse of the product’s constant innovations.
UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai: industries
In recent years, automation has made significant inroads into all major industries, driving the demand for task mining services. As highly flexible process and task mining solutions, UiPath, Celonis, and Kyp.ai can all be applied in any sector. However, based on our research and information shared by vendors, each excels in certain areas.
UiPath vs. Celonis vs. Kyp.ai: pricing
Last but not least, there’s the cost factor. The price of the task mining tool determines how scalable it is and its availability to organizations of different sizes.
The verdict? You be the judge—but we can help
When you’re about to invest significant money and resources to make a far-reaching positive impact on the productivity of your business, knowing your options is crucial. But in the end, choosing the best task-mining tool for your organization comes down not only to understanding the available tools but also your needs.
So, if you’re in doubt, we’re here to help. We can assess your processes, advise you on the task mining opportunities, and help you pick the solutions that will jump-start the digital transformation of your business. Let’s talk!
Like the article? Spread the word